I wanted to write a post to my firstborn, my son, my little man Jake to say happy 3rd birthday. The day itself was February 2.
Jake you are one awesome little boy. You are incredulous, cheeky, fun, happy, independent, energetic and a joy to watch grow up. You are growing up way too fast, in front of my eyes. It's amazing to watch you discover your world and watch as you excitedly tell me all about it. It's lovely that I can have a conversation with you now and join into your world that has been closed off for a while as I've struggled to understand you and I am sorry for that. But we are making up for it now, and it is all coming out at once.
You are still little though thanks to short ass parents. But cute as a button with your wispy, curly blonde hair, your olive skin, your stubby little fingers and toes. You still have the dimpled knuckles and elbows and the right amount of chubbiness. And you give the best kisses and hugs ever. There is not a hurtful bone in your whole body and you show your friends you love them by hugging them and kissing them - what a beautiful thing.
And I am so proud of the big brother role you have taken on. It's like you just knew when you first met your baby sister that you needed to love and protect her. You amuse her and talk to her and kiss her and stroke her face. She looks at you with love and it melts my heart. And I think again how lucky I am.
I know sometimes though I can get cross at you as your excitement leads you astray but it is for your own good and I hope you know that. I am sorry for all those times that I have been 'too busy' to play and I hope that I make up for them. I promise to do the best I can by you and help you fulfill your dreams.
You've only just started pre-school and I am so proud that you have taken to it, slowly and steady as is your way. I am savouring all your art and craft projects and will keep them all for you someday. It may be something that your children may like to see. I know I like looking back over my old school work.
Everyone that knows you loves you baby boy, they can't help it. We love you to bits and I love being your mummy.
Happy birthday my big boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment